Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Some bastard nicked my credit card details...

At 12.10 am on the 18th of September, some twatting git spent 40 quid of my money (which, incidentally put me into my overdraft) with Microsoft via the internet. I've just had to cancel my card and get a new one with a new pin number...

I've been racking my brains as to when someone could have nicked the details but can't figure it. It's a relatively new card and I hadn't used it in any retail shops or in any shifty looking cash machines and all the online shops I use are highly secured ones. Which leads me to think that maybe it was a keylogger... which is also unlikely since my PC has 2 firewalls (1 hard, 1 soft), antivirus, a couple of spyware killers and a few other bits and pieces.

I hope they catch the guy (or girl) and they end up in a particularly unpleasant prison with very large and very aggressive inmates.

No comments: