Monday, 8 December 2008

Time flies...

I just realised that on Friday it'll be 4 weeks since I submitted my first short story to a magazine, which is nice, since that's the earliest that I could find out whether it's been accepted or not. What's not great, is that I intended to submit quite a few stories between then and now, and I haven't. Not one in fact.
It's not that I don't have stories to submit, I have several in fact, it's just that I haven't done anything with them... They're just lying in a folder waiting for their final edits.
I also haven't completed the next part of my Writers Bureau assignment, though that's not a major thing since there's no time limit as such.

I'm going to have to make a concerted effort to get some submissions in ASAP.

In other news, I've just written my first romance short. It's not great, but considering I can't stand romance and rarely read it, I'm quite proud of it! It wasn't written with submission in mind, more of a "I haven't tried this" type of thing.

No comments: