Wednesday, 7 January 2009

My first ever short story submission was...

Neither accepted nor rejected. It turns out that, despite what the website says, Espresso Fiction is not currently taking submissions.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered about not selling the story; I'm more bothered about the fact that it took 7 weeks (and an email from me) before I was informed. I could have submitted the piece to a couple of places in that time, and maybe even sold it.

Bah.

In other news, I haven't been sticking to my New Years resolution. I've written a pitiful number of words and if it wasn't for the somewhat half-arsed planning I've been doing on my Novella at the same time, I would be rather angry with myself. The idea is to make a living from writing, at this rate it'll be a short life.

Another "Bah".

I'd like to end this post on a high note, but the only one I can think of is to do with World of Warcraft, and that game (combined with my addictive personality) is one of the main reasons I've written so little lately.

A third and final "Bah".

1 comment:

Dark Anima Literary Journal said...

We are accepting submissions here at Dark Anima Literary Journal. Please consider sending us something as there are very few good writers who bother nowadays.

And yes, as a writer, we have noticed that many of these online so-called horror zines are "no longer accepting."

http://darkanimaliterary.blogspot.com/