Sunday, 15 February 2009

Dollhouse

Just finished watching the first episode of TV god Joss Whedon's latest TV show, Dollhouse.

Due to the fact that I live in the UK, I had to make do with a low quality version that I acquired through less than official channels.

Despite the grainy video and crappy sound, I really rather enjoyed it. I thought that the writing was great (duh), as was the acting (who doesn't love Eliza?). Also, the sets were lovely (the Dollhouse has a bit of a Wolfram and Hart feel to it). My one complaint is that I would have liked a little more humour. Not that I didn't love the more serious tone to the proceedings, I just felt a little levity in places would have further darkened the dark bits. But what do I know?

I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for the next episode; no doubt I'll be forced to watch it in crap-o-vision again though, stupid Hulu and it's country restrictions...

If you liked Joss's other work, watch it and buy the DVDs when they come out.
If you didn't like Joss's other work, watch it and buy the DVDs when they come out.
If you quite liked some of his work but not all of it... you know where I'm going with this.

Arbitrary score time!
Erm, 13.4 bananas out of 15.

Right, that's my micro-review done. There are many identical to it, but this one is mine, and therefore better.

Ta ta

2 comments:

D7ana said...

Hi Adam!

I was able to get through to your blog today; don't know what I did yesterday.

Dollhouse ... I have enjoyed Joss Weldon's Buffy, Angel, and Firefly/Serenity. I had been struggling with Dollhouse, but I caught Episode 6 "Man on the Street," and I enjoyed it more than I have the earlier episodes. I won't include spoilers ... just mention that perhaps it's the accumulated effect of the characters and the interplay of their roles. I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode and perhaps reviewing some of the earlier ones.

D7ana
AW Writer / DAF Collector
d7cooper@hotmail.com
http://phillycollector.blogspot.com/

Adam said...

Glad to hear that! I've only seen the first two so far, but have the next two or three ready for when I find the time. I intend to stick with it, despite the shaky start :)