Sunday, 15 February 2009

Quicky writing update...

... for the 3 people who read this blog.

After a considerably shorter gap than last time, I sent away my latest Writers Bureau assignment. Less than 24 hours later (seriously, she's making a point about my laziness I'm sure), I had a response. There was a lot less red text on this one, compared to the last one, so I consider the piece to be a success. Apparently my work is improving and I have a natural talent for humour, which is great, or it would be if it wasn't for the fact that I'm working on a fantasy novel and not a comedy.

In other news, I've pretty much finished the synopsis of my novel (just the very end to go). I'm about 43% into the first draft at the moment and, providing I write at least 1k words a day (which leaves plenty of time for gaming and other writing work), April is a realistic target.

Deadlines aren't my strong point, but I reckon if I set an easy date (and tell everyone I know to bug me), then I may stick to it.

No comments: