Thursday, 9 July 2009

A Writer-To-Writer Meme

(Listening to - Green Day - Desensitized)

Pinched from Bettie, who got it from Isaac Espriu's Place. Originally from Got Muse? A Writer-To-Writer Meme.


1) Where do you write?
In my new kickass chair, at my desk, in my bedroom. I have written in the garden in the past, but that's rather weather dependent and, well, this IS England...

2) When do you write?
Between the hours of about 2pm and 2am generally. I don't have a set schedule, it's just a case of "hmm, I should probably write now..."

3) Planner or Pantser?
Bit of both. For short works, I'll write a few sentences then start writing and see where it takes me. For longer works, I'll spend some time planning out the major plot points... then ignore them entirely once I start writing.

4) Coffee or tea?
Tea. I have a mug that holds two cups of tea, but I try and limit my intake to a few cups a day. The rest of the time, I drink copious amounts of water.

5) Pen and paper, or computer?
Computer. I do occasionally write on paper, as I find it helps release mah creativitiez. The downside is having to then type it up onto the computer after. Bah.

6) What gets you in the writing mood?
Pretty much everything.

7) What pulls you out of the writing mood?
Depression. Tis a rarity, but when it happens it tends to leave me feeling very uncreative.

8 What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever read/heard/received?
Butt in chair.

9) Got muse?
Yup! Unlike most people's muses though, she always here and singing in my ear. None of that "my muse has yet to visit, I can't write!" rubbish. Your muse works for you, people, not the other way around.

10) Who is the biggest supporter of your writing?
Me!

11) Sound or Silence?
Depends. I used to be unable to function unless there was complete silence. Now, through training, I can read and edit to music with no difficulty. Writing isn't so easy, but I'm working on it.



Adam

5 comments:

Lost Wanderer said...

Love your post. I would pinch it myself, but I don't know answers to half those questions (rubbish, I know)

Adam said...

Ta :-)

Just give it a think then give it a go. It's not as if you can answer it wrong. :-)

Adam

bettielee said...

Aren't these fun? You can get all writerly... and is it just me, or is Lori's cat sticking her tongue out at me?

bettielee

misa101 said...

Just popping by to let you know I finally got around to updating the link on my blog and now it takes people to this site.

(by people I mean yourself, Lori, and Scarlett)

Adam said...

Yay! Thanks very much, Misa!

I'm sure you have more readers than you think. ;-)

Adam