Tuesday, 18 August 2009

15 films in 15 minutes.

Since some blogs I read have thrown this up on their blogs, I haz menny peer pressurez to do the same.

*Runs off to Facebook.*
*Copies and pastes.*

Especially for you blog people, I shall expand my reasons, too!

Rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen movies you've seen that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

* The Crow - Love the imagery/cinematography, and I'm a sucker for both Brandon Lee and revenge films. The soundtrack kicks ass too.

* The Matrix - "Dodge this." I saw this in the cinema when it came out and was blown away. Granted, Keanu can't act for sh*t, but the fight scenes and visual effects are excellent.

* Highlander - Apparently, during the filming of this film, Christopher Lambert couldn't speak a word of English. Explains the acting. Still, the film was great, and I loved the backstory stuff.

* Payback - My all time favourite revenge film. One of Mel Gibson's best films. Lucy Liu in fetish gear doesn't hurt, either.

* 300 - "Then we will fight in the shade." Best line. Hands down. I don't really need to go into details as to why this rocks, do I?

* Tank Girl - Lori Petty rocks. I have a soft spot for comic book adaptations, and this is one of my favourite. Equal parts kickass and absurd.

* Clerks - The whole film was done for about $15k, and when it came to editing, they didn't have a clue how to synch audio. Luckily it came out right first time. Love this film to death and could watch it over and over.

* Grease - My favourite musical ever. Beautiful people, great songs and the odd bit of decent acting too. (Grease Lightning, since you ask)

* V For Vendetta - Great adaptation of the graphic novel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OB6EsUP4tU That is all.

* Sin City - Mickey Rourke makes this film his own. Clive Owen is pretty badass in it too, though. The cinematography blows me away every time.

* Robin Hood: Men In Tights - Cary Ellwes rocks. One of the funniest films ever made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc1am3KyYgA

* The Princess Bride - Cary Ellwes rocks. Not as good as Men In Tights, but it comes a close second. "HALLO!"

* South Park: The Movie - Blame Canada. Ridiculously funny. My favourite animated film of all time.

* Hellboy - Ron Perlman needs more acting roles. That is all.

* The Chronicles Of Riddick - Love this film to death. The acting's "meh", the plot's "bah", but Vin Diesel makes up for it with sheer epic pwnage.

4 comments:

bettielee said...

I haven't seen all of them, but I agree with many, many! Luv The Matrix! Luv Princess Bride! and I, too, blame Canada... for so much...
bettielee
hugs Adam

Lost Wanderer said...

Princess Bride...wow..."the farm boy" is just soooo yum!!

Cool post. I announce, I will be stealing it for my blog.

Adam said...

Bettielee - Great minds think alike. ;)

LW - Yeah, Cary Ellwes is a hotty. ;-)


Adam

Kathy said...

Good idea, the 15 flicks in 15 minutes. I think I'll try that next on my blog.