The first draft of my scifi novella is done and dusted. It came in short, but meh, that's the way is goes sometimes (see previous post).
Overall, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I liked the way the main character developed, and how the story turned out. The ending was a surprise though. I planned out three different ones, and the one I ended up with was... none of them. As I was writing it, a better one popped into my head, so I wroted it.
What next, I hear you ask?
In no particular order:
* Final edit and polish of my Reaper novella.
* Submission of my Reaper novella.
* First edit of this scifi novella.
* Brainstorming/planning of my Super Secret Project.
* MAYBE begin the rewrite of Solus.
I must admit that, while it was fun writing the novellas, I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into a full length piece again. There's so much more scope in a 70k+ novel.