Sunday, 11 October 2009

My Workspace (wiv pickshures)

(Listening to - The Damned - Lovely Money)

Since I'm on the horns of a plot related dilemma, I thought I'd do a silly post while I let things percolate in my menny cleverz.

Seeing where people work interests me, so, here's my workspace, with numbered guide!


1 - My bad ass radio-controlled clock. Always has the correct time. Unless the battery dies.
2 - My whiteboard. When I'm writing, I keep track of my past 2 days' word counts on here. Also used for random notes. The piece of paper is my Permission to Write Badly.
3 - My funky twisty monitor that I can spin around to portrait when I wish to read things. Unfortunately, it can't support its own weight, so its arm is supported by a CD case. Bah. The desktop picture is of a 1969 Corvette Stingray. One day I shall own one.
4 - My double sized mug for twice the amount of tea! Woo!
5 - My pint glass that I keep topped up with water at all times. Hydration is important, peeps.
6 - Thanks to me being tall, and not being able to find a desk high enough, these 6 old VHS tapes boost my monitor to non-neck knackering height.
7 - My badass mouse (Logitech G5) and keyboard (Logitech G15). I have my mouse's sensitivity set very high (a remnant of my gaming days), and it's always amusing to watch people use it.
8 - From left to right, my writing course materials (that I'll finish one day), a novel writing book, and a printout of my novella (that's out of date).
9 - My broadband cable. I love this cable so very much.

Also, on the back of my door, I have a large font printout of this guide to editing.



Interesting post, no?

Well, I liked it. Like I said, I love seeing where people work, so post your own!!!

Adam

18 comments:

Kathy said...

Love it!

My work station isn't anywhere near as interesting.

Lost Wanderer said...

I love looking at people's work space too. Mine is no where near as photogenic because I work in the living room, and have my stuff all over the place. And I am incapable of working without having lots of stuff all around me, so organised mess is my style. The only time my desk (I have one that I don't use) looks like yours is when I tidy it, but not use it. I work on my comfy sofa with my laptop. Desk PC is only to play SIMS 3 ;)

Adam said...

Thanks, peeps. :D

Now, go post yours! No excuses! ;-)

Adam

Kathy said...

What if I have naked picture hanging on my walls?

Adam said...

I promise to only look at the writerly bits. Promise. :D

Adam

Kathy said...

Okay, if I can find the pics I took a while back, I'll do a workspace topic soon.

Adam said...

Yay!!! :-)

I look forward to seeing it. ;)


Adam

Melanie Avila said...

You've inspired me to post my own picture. I hadn't thought to explain everything though, good idea!

I have monitor envy. :)

Adam said...

Wooo!

(The monitor kicks ass, despite the wonky arm)

Adam

Kathy said...

Okay, I did it.

Are ya happy now?

Adam said...

Very. :-)

Adam

Kaity Hall said...

I'll try to get some pictures of my area soon.

Adam said...

Yay!

Can't wait to see it, Kaity. :-)


Adam

shadowferret said...

Neat. I had to follow suit and post my "workspace." :D

Adam said...

Woohoo! :D

Will go looksee. ;-)


Adam

Kathy said...

Okay, I posted another pic of my desk with more junk on it, Adam.

I had to re-do the post.

Adam said...

Ooh, cooooool!

*Wanders over to Kathy's blog.*


Adam

bettielee said...

Ha! I enjoyed it, but your numbers are too small for blind people... :)
Very cleverz.
bettielee