Thursday, 21 January 2010

I hate Blogger some days...

(Listening to - Meatloaf - Forever Young)

After FAR too long a time spent editing, I've finally posted the intros and first story on my Gumshoe blog!

Unfortunately for me, Blogger doesn't like indented paragraphs, either via the Tab key, or through spaces. Turns out that you have to type "&npsb; " four times (one for each space, I found four looks best) at the start of every. Bloody. Paragraph.

Ugh.

And if that's not bad enough, if you go back into the post to edit it, it deletes the indents again.

ARGH!!!

Hence the post title. Anyway, that's beside the point. The point is that I finally got my Gumshoe blog up and running!

The first story is a long 'un, but the first of a series usually is, as there's more to establish. The rest will likely be shorter. I don't know how frequently I'll be posting them, but I'm hoping for weekly or fortnightly.

Thanks to my darling Rhaina for persuading me to resurrect the idea, and thanks to those of you who have left encouraging comments. It all helped! :-)

TTFN,

Adam

PS - http://gumshoecasefiles.blogspot.com/

PPS - A good friend of mine has recently released her novel, "Elo'esh: The Whisper Of Angels." It's an Amazon link, and the book has the "look inside" feature enabled. Go give it a look!

11 comments:

Melanie Avila said...

You've gone pink!

I don't try to format in Blogger for that very reason. I just leave things unindented and with spaces between each paragraph. Not the prettiest, but people are used to it -- for the most part -- online.

Adam said...

Hehe, yeah I've been playing with my colours. :-)

I think that next time I'll not bother with indents. Bloody nightmare! ;-)

Adam

Lost Wanderer said...

Off to read it now, and checking out your friend's book too. :-)

Adam said...

Double yay! :D


Adam

Kaity Hall said...

You're brilliant! I can't wait to read more. It was the perfect way to pass the hour while my students were doing their lab time. I loved it. And I checked out your friend's book and I can't wait until payday so I'll have money to order it!

~KK~

Adam said...

Woop! Thanks, Kaity! :D

Adam

Natasha Fondren said...

That's a simple css fix, even in Blogger. It'd be really easy to do make the manual formatting you did automatic. (Have you gone to my blog? The non-indent on the first paragraph and the indents on all the other paragraphs are all done with css; I don't have to tab or anything. Just email me if you want me to fix it! Just a quick, easy thing, and you never have to think about it again!

Adam said...

Nat - Thanks very much! I'll send you a mail. :-)


Adam

Matt said...

Well Adam, after seeing your face and reading your comments on other blogs, I've finally taken a look at your blog. So glad I did. I can now die happy after seeing 'fortnightly' in casual writing.

I'll check out your gumshoe blog too.

Adam said...

I lurve the word fortnightly. ;-)

Thanks for popping over! :)

Adam

Erica said...

Yeah blogger can be unruly at times... Sounds like a fun blog :o)