So, it's now the 8th of January. 8 days into the New Year. Usually by now I'd have given up on my resolutions entirely, but I'm actually doing okay. (I know, I'm surprised too.)
So, for those who didn't read the original thread, my resolutions basically boiled down to:
- Write/edit more.
- Work on improving my writing.
- Read more.
- Get fit.
- Find my niche.
- Edited every day, though for varying amounts of time. Also, I sent in a writing course assignment, for which I received a "B."
- Made my way through Stephen King's "On Writing" with a highlighter in hand.
- Finished "On Writing" and uploaded my editor Cyn's books to my E-reader in readiness for tonight.
- Joined a fitness forum and started exercising daily.
- Ordered 12 books, 8 of which are fantasy (probably my niche) and 4 of which are comedy (maybe my niche).
So, not too bad so far, if I do say so myself.
Which I do.
In other news, you should see the bloody weather here! Temperatures hit -18 Celsius nearby yesterday. That's only 2 degrees warmer than the South Pole! This is England!
To the left of my bedroom's window is a 2 foot long icicle!
We have 10" of snow!
The roads are like skid pans!
[Other things that require an exclamation mark]!
It's a good job I'm practically a hermit. ;)
Ta ta for now,