Friday, 8 January 2010

One week later (well, 8 days)...

(Listening to - System Of A Down - P.L.U.C.K.)

So, it's now the 8th of January. 8 days into the New Year. Usually by now I'd have given up on my resolutions entirely, but I'm actually doing okay. (I know, I'm surprised too.)

So, for those who didn't read the original thread, my resolutions basically boiled down to:

  • Write/edit more.
  • Work on improving my writing.
  • Read more.
  • Get fit.
  • Find my niche.
As to my progress, so far I've (in the same order as the goals):

  • Edited every day, though for varying amounts of time. Also, I sent in a writing course assignment, for which I received a "B."
  • Made my way through Stephen King's "On Writing" with a highlighter in hand.
  • Finished "On Writing" and uploaded my editor Cyn's books to my E-reader in readiness for tonight.
  • Joined a fitness forum and started exercising daily.
  • Ordered 12 books, 8 of which are fantasy (probably my niche) and 4 of which are comedy (maybe my niche).

So, not too bad so far, if I do say so myself.

Which I do.

So there.


In other news, you should see the bloody weather here! Temperatures hit -18 Celsius nearby yesterday. That's only 2 degrees warmer than the South Pole! This is England!

To the left of my bedroom's window is a 2 foot long icicle!

We have 10" of snow!

The roads are like skid pans!

[Other things that require an exclamation mark]!

It's a good job I'm practically a hermit. ;)



Ta ta for now,

Adam

9 comments:

Melanie Avila said...

How did you like On Writing?

Good for you for following your goals! And that's quite an icicle.

Lost Wanderer said...

I wish I could be a hermit. I am mostly except when I have to go to work. But in this weather, I really want to be a full time hermit.

YAY for working on your goals. I really should do the exercise thing. It might warm me up. But it's too cold to get up. :P

Adam said...

Mel - I really enjoyed it. There were some great tips on writing, and his biography stuff was fascinating. :)

LW - Hermitage has its downsides. ;-)

The exercise is good though. I can already feel the benefits. :)

Adam

Kathy said...

Good resolutions and sounds like you're staying on target.

Adam said...

Thanks, Kathy!

Adam

bettielee said...

Awesome on the resolutions, Adam! I too, am a hermit. No money and I have a novel to write. And I hate people. :) And King's book is so awesome...

Adam said...

Thanks, Sammich! :-)

Book to write, no money, hatred of people... Ditto to all three lol

Adam

Elle said...

Nice to see that you're working through your goals! I'd love to read 'On Writing' and am ashamed to admit that I haven't yet.

Adam said...

Ta, Elle!

On Writing is only short and well worth your time. Next time you're buying books, give it a go. :D

Adam