Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Pimp - Synopsis Psychosis

(Listening to - The Ramones - Cabbies On Crack)

My copy-editor, Cynthia, is producing a synopsis workshop, and needs your help! Here's her shtick.

__________________________________________________

Are you afraid your synopsis is out to get you? Does writing a synopsis cause you to hallucinate? Does the though of writing one depress you? Then you have Synopsis Psychosis. On Wednesday, January 25th (with a potential for spillover on the 26th & 27th), I'm going to explore what makes good writers bad procrastinators and tackle a synopsis head-on at Light-hearted Writer/Dark-Hearted Editor.


I'll try to answer the following questions: What is a synopsis? Why does it scare you? Why are you convinced your synopsis sucks? And most importantly, can your synopsis be saved? But to do this, I'll need your help. Writers! Pubbed and unpubbed, please send your two-page synopsis to me at cdyates AT ymail DOT com and maybe I'll chose it for internet dissection and critique. Watch me analyze synopsi and offer them the therapy it requires for recovery. All synopsi must be received by Friday, January 22nd by 12 a.m. EST. to be considered for critique.

__________________________________________________


So there you have it. Send in your 2 page synopses, and you may get a free crit!



Adam

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds good but I haven't written one yet. I haven't finished my novel.

Adam said...

Well don't just sit around here all day drinking my free booze and eating my peanuts, get to work! ;-)

Adam

Kathy said...

Free booze?

Adam said...

The free booze available to all my blog followers. Didn't you see the buffet table?

Adam

Kathy said...

No, I missed it.