Thursday, 18 February 2010

Boo! *Giggles, runs off.*

(Listening to - The Darkness - English Country Garden)

'Ello, how are you? Well?

Jolly good.

Just a quick Adam Update (tm) for ya.

First up, I actually found a bargain on eBay! I've been after a graphics tablet for a little while now and, after checking some reviews, had decided on the make and model I wanted. Generally when I buy on eBay, my attempts at bidding cannily fail miserably; I either get outbid at the last second, or panic and end up spending too much money. Not this time, though! I bought a brand new Wacom Bamboo One graphics tablet for...

*Drum roll*

£10 + postage!

It arrived a couple of days ago, but I've not managed to use it much yet. I found a guide to drawing with a tablet though, and the little time I have had with it, I've spent practising.

The reason I bought it is that, at some point in the future, I'd like to start a webcomic. I read a fair few different comics, and believe that it's something I could do myself. Of course, I need to learn to at least draw basic shapes first (I haven't drawn a thing in 10 years), so it'll be a while. Also, my writing comes first.


Speaking of writing (natty segueway, huh?), I've been working on the next Gumshoe episode. I know I'm way overdue already, but I've been busy. Honest.

Anyway, the first draft of "Case 133: Felony And Ivory" will be finished tomorrow, and I'm hoping to get the majority of the editing done a few days after that. I'd like to have it up by this time next week, but we shall see. Cross your fingers!

TTFN

Adam

13 comments:

Melanie Avila said...

Good luck with the Wacom tablet! We had one at work and while I didn't use it, another designer did regularly and he created some wicked cool stuff.

Adam said...

Thanks! I'm having fun with it so far. :D

Adam

beyondtourism said...

That is an awesome deal. Speaking of your gumshoe series I think I'll go read your first one right now.

What webcomics do you read regularly? I read Girl Genius and Red String.

Tara McClendon said...

Okay, your title cracked me up! I like the idea of a webcomic. Sounds fun.

bettielee said...

New goodies are so much fun! luvies!

Lost Wanderer said...

That's amazing price for a brand new tablet. It's a shame I have no patient to faff about on E-bay!!

Adam said...

Beyondtourism - Thanks very much (and thanks for the comment on there too)! My current favourites are Questionable Content, Ctrl Alt Del, Looking For Group, and XKCD. :)

Tara - Thanks! :-)

Sammich - Indeed! I'm having fun with it!

LW - Indeedy! I spotted with about a minute left on the auction and only just got it. ;)

Kathy said...

Glad you posted a pic or I wouldn't have known what that was.

Have fun with it.

Adam said...

Ta, I intend to. :-)

Adam

K.Hinny said...

Good luck with the tablet Adam! It seems like a jolly good time. I love to draw but I'm sticking to paper and pencils for now. However the webcomic sounds great for you!

Happy writing
Hinny

Adam said...

Thanks, Hinny! :-)

Adam

Elle said...

Good luck with the tablet! Let us know what it's like! :D (And you MUST post the comic ASAP! Hehe.)

NerdBoy was talking about graphics tablets just the other day and I'd like to get him one at some point in the future. That's a brilliant price though.

Adam said...

Thanks! I'm a loooooong way off actually posting a comic yet. Like, months! :P

Adam