Thursday, 25 February 2010

I haz award!

(Listening to - Slanik + Turpster - Giant Enemy Crab Episode 4)

My awesome editor, Cyn, of "Light-Hearted Writer, Dark-Hearted Editor" has awarded me with the Superior Scribbler Award!


These are the rules:

  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

Also, Cyn says (via her buddy) that we must also write ten things about themselves. Bah! Still, I'll give it a go in a moment.

First up, my awardees! A couple of the people I would have nominated already have the award on their blog, so obviously I can't use 'em. In no particular order, and I wish it was a list of 15...

  1. Mel @ Hoosblog - This 'ere graphic designer made the header for my Gumshoe blog. That's reason enough, but also, she's a talented writer and a whole lot of fun. ;)
  2. Bettie @ Far Seeing Fairy Tales - Nut. Also, a great blogger and buddy. Ver funny! Go look!
  3. Julia @ Turnips At Dawn - Awesome author wot signed my copy of her book! Also, she's daft, which is awesome.
  4. Owen @ What Am I Doing In Michigan? - This is Mel's (Awardee 1) dog's blog. Owen is almost as good at blogging as his mommy, and is less likely to turn down a belly rub. (Very entertaining blog, go look)
  5. Stacey @ Stacey Graham - Stacey makes me look sane. This is why I talk to her. Also, she's a larf, and she let me be in her zombie dating guide.

Alrighty, now my "Ten Things About Me" thing. I'll try and make them things that regular readers may not know, but that's tricky as I've likely mentioned most things already.

  1. I used to be an avid mountain biker, and spent a fair chunk of my time riding. I wasn't great, but I enjoyed throwing myself off (considerably lower) things (than my friends).
  2. I've dislocated both of my shoulders, though thankfully not at the same time.
  3. According to my last X-ray, my neck is "curved where it shouldn't be curved."
  4. I loath many organised religions. Partly because of their intolerance of various subsets of people, and partly because they seem more interested in making money than helping people (how much is the Vatican worth, and how many people could that feed/clothe/house?).
  5. I hate the sound of my voice. It sounds much better in my head.
  6. I've never left the UK. That'll change in May/June...
  7. I believe in soulmates and true love. I may be a deeply sceptical and sarcastic sod, but I'm a soppy deeply sceptical and sarcastic sod.
  8. I'm in love with a Canadian woman named Rhaina. She's the reason I believe in soulmates and true love. I'll be flying my arse over to her in May/June.
  9. I have an older brother named Richard.
  10. I can kill you with my brain.
There, that's it! Thanks again to Cyn for the award!

TTFN,

Adam

23 comments:

April W said...

re: 10 - think happy thoughts...please.

Adam said...

Luckily for mankind, I'm generally disturbingly happy and optimistic. ;)

Adam

Matt said...

Congratulations on the award. That's an eclectic list. I suppose it wouldn't be any fun otherwise. Leaving the UK for Canada, eh? A word of warning. Canadians are a confused bunch. They think they're British, yet speak French and try to live like Americans. Use it to your advantage. Don't ask how, just have fun.

Adam said...

Thanks, I'm an eclectic kind of guy. ;-)

I'm looking forward to the madness that is Canadialand. Any attempts at conversing with me in French will be frowned upon though.

Adam

Stacey Graham said...

I'm getting a lot of mileage out of you, my reanimated friend! Thank you for the award, now I have to go look sane (such pressure).

Cheers!

Adam said...

Hehe ;-)

Good luck with the sanity! Such things are never easy. :(


Adam

Dolly said...

Congratulations, love your comments :-)

And I am sure you will enjoy getting your ass out of UK - see the big, wide world ;) Not to mention being with the missus (oh my god, that makes me sound so English)

Off to check out all the lovely blogs you linked to now

Adam said...

Thanks, Dolly! Your blog was one of those that already had the award. ;-)

Yeah, I can't wait to go meet the missus! It'll be nice to experience another culture too, even if it is rather similar to my own. :)

Adam

PS - You should enjoy the blogs!

bettielee said...

**says and thinks only nice things about Adam.... doesn't want to go to the cornfield... doesn't want to go to the cornfield**

Congrats! :) and thanks! Cuz now I has award, too! :)

Erica said...

Congrats on the award!
Yay ;o) Your list was awesome, and I'm with you on the organized religion thing... thrilled that you found your love - so cool that you're going to see her!!

Wow, Mel made out like a bandit - she totally deserves it, oh and Owen too, cause I've never heard of a dog with no opposable thumbs getting one... Ha. Nice picks!

Congrats everyone ;o)

Adam said...

Sammich - You're welcome! (I promise only to use my powers for good...) :D

Erica - Thanks! I can't wait to see my sweetie! :D

Adam

Melanie Avila said...

I think I understand now why you have back problems.

So... you nominated me twice in the hopes I'll actually reply, eh? :D Fine. But watch out that I don't kill you with my brain.

Oh! And thanks! *throws sock*

Adam said...

Twice? Noooo, one for you, and one for Owen!

You're not saying that YOU write Owen's posts, are you?!?!

(You're welcome!)

Adam

Melanie Avila said...

*snort*

You should go check out the comments in Janna's blog FIVE to see why I can't do two. Good lord.

Melanie Avila said...

I mean, why I may not do this on Hoosblog, lol.

Good god I need some wine.

Adam said...

Hehe. I had the same problems when I did the first iteration of Gumshoe Casefiles and set up a profile for Frank. ;-)

Adam

Melanie Avila said...

That's why I only loan the computer to Owen in spurts. He gets crazy and starts posting on my behalf. :P

Adam said...

Dogs can't get enough of social networking. It's a little known fact. ;)


Adam

Melanie Avila said...

Until now.

Adam said...

Given that a good day on my blog garners 30 visits, I think the fact will stay "little known" for a while yet. ;-)

Adam

Melanie Avila said...

:P

H. Mary Cole said...

Ha!

I'm scared of your brain you mountain-bike-riding-canadian-loving-anti-religious writer

Congrats on the award

Adam said...

Hehehe. ;)

I wouldn't say I'm anti-religion, just the big organised ones. ;)

Adam