Monday, 8 February 2010

Not the best start...

(Listening to - Steel Panther - Asian Hooker) (Don't judge me, it's parody.)

I'm working on the next Gumshoe Casefiles episode, it's just going to be later than the "1 to 2 weeks" I'd originally thought. Turning it into a series proved trickier than I'd imagined. Plus, y'know, I'm kinda lazy.

Instead of random cases like I'd first thought, future episodes will be in chronological order; not necessarily case 133,134,135, but I'll be going forward each time. This makes my life easier when it comes to relationships and story arcs (I have some ideas here...).

Like I said, I'm working on the next episode as we speak, and I hope to have the first draft done in a few days, then edited soon after. It's going to involve theft, corruption, a pawn shop and lotsa sarcasm (obviously). I'm actually having to research a few things which is a fun new experience; most of my work is fantasy and as such the research requirements are low.

In other news...

I have just finalised the tag line and blurb for my recently sold (and soon to be released) novella, A Reaper's Tale: The Undecided. Here they are, for your perusal:

TAG:
Even Grim Reapers have bad days on the job.

BLURB:
Mal has managed to stay out of the afterlife for 31 years, despite having been dead for the last three. He's a Grim Reaper, and while he may not be the most enthusiastic, he enjoys his "life" too much to give it up to death. But he's got a problem. A troubled young woman's soul becomes bonded to his, and a vicious demon is hired to retrieve it.

If Mal can't get her soul free in a hurry, he's doomed to share her destination, whether it be heaven or hell.



Whaddya think? :)

TTFN!

Adam

19 comments:

Melanie Avila said...

Hey, you've had a good excuse for not posting more casefiles.

So cool!

Adam said...

True, I've been wonky, but still. Gah!

Ta, Mel. :)

Adam

Erica said...

Your story sounds interesting. Love the hook and the blurb! I love Heaven/Hell stories, mine have that element too ;o)

I agree with Melanie - you have a good excuse!

Adam said...

Thanks, Erica! :D

Adam

jcaddell said...

Great hook and blurb! I've never thought of a story from a grim reaper's point of view. Very cool.

Adam said...

Thanks very much! I love grim reapers in fiction, so it was only a matter of time until I created my own. ;-)

Adam

Lost Wanderer said...

sounds cool and I'm looking forward to reading it. Of course I know where you got the MC's name from ;)

Adam said...

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand... ;-)

The characters bear zero resemblance to each other, though. :D

Adam

Kaity Hall said...

"...I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me!"

K.Hinny said...

New to your blog, so I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're speaking of. Though it sounds interesting!

And yes... the consensus is correct. You're busy!

Good luck with it!
Hinny

Adam said...

Kaitie - Woo! Another Browncoat! ;)

K - For my novella, check the "A reaper's tale tag", and for the Gumshoe stuff, there's a link on the top right of the blog. :)

Hope that helps! :)

Adam

beyondtourism said...

You're novella sounds interesting. I sent a link of your gumshoe case files to my mom. She loves reading detective stories.

This is rosemerry from AW.

Adam said...

Hi Rosemerry, and thanks! :D

Adam

bettielee said...

so very awesome... and good luck on the Gumshoe Casefiles.... :)

Adam said...

Thanks, Sammich! ;)

Adam

Kathy said...

I like your tag line and blurb!

Adam said...

Thanks, Kathy! :D

Adam

Tara McClendon said...

I like what you've come up with. It sounds like a great story.

Adam said...

Thanks, Tara! :D

Adam