March has nearly ended. That's like a quarter of the year! Already!
It really doesn't feel that long to me.
Anyway, I thought this would be a good opportunity to review my writing-related New Years Resolutions. (I may have borrowed this idea from another blog, I'm not sure.)
Below, you'll find my resolutions. I've not read them in months, so I'm a lil' excited to see how I did. Here we go then:
- Further improve the quality of my writing, through reading, critiques and (most importantly) practise. - I feel that my writing quality has improved, thanks mostly to my work editing A Reaper's Tale in readiness for its release.
- Increase my productivity, starting at a minimum of 1k a day (or a good number of pages if editing), every day, and working up to 3k by the middle of the year. - Currently averaging 1-2k a day, and that's with editing work (Reaper and Strand) at the same time, so I'd say I'm on target.
- Read more. I'm not saying that I'll read X number of books in the year, just that I'll make a conscious effort to put more books under my nose. - 13 so far, probably 14 before March is through. Not tons, but I'm happy.
- Find my niche. I'm certain it's fantasy, but what kind? Dark? Urban? Epic? Humorous? Steampunk? - Still not entirely sure, but it's looking to be humorous fantasy. Or maybe plain humour. Or ninja romance.
- Submit Strand to a suitable publisher. - Working on it! One more major edit...
- Overhaul Solus and start submitting, along with at least 2 more books. - Working on it!
- Write those 2 other books. - Trunked the first one, unfortunately, but the second is going strong!
- Have at least 2 more books picked up by publishers before Dec 31st 2010. - Working on it!
This makes me a happy Adam. :-)
In other news, the sequel to Reaper is coming along nicely, as is the edit to Strand. Gumshoe is once again on hold, though, as I need to get the paying stuff done first. Curse my need for cash money. ;)
Ooh, and I got 500 free business cards that say "Adam Slade" and "Author" on them. Of course, I have absolutely no use for them, but meh.
So, how have you all done with your resolutions?