Sunday, 23 May 2010

Introducing Dream The Ladypooch (And Some Writerly Stuff).

(Listening to - Ghost Of The Robot - Angel)
(Reminds me of my sweetie.)

'Ello all! How the heck are you?

Uh huh... uh huh... uh huh...

Yeesh, that's enough! I didn't ask for your life-story. Jeez.


*Puts on his dog hat.*


So, yesterday morning, after a whole 3 or 4 hours sleep, I crawled into the car alongside two other Slades and we drove off to meet a collie breeder in the car park of a fish and chip restaurant (a chippy with tables). He opened his boot (trunk if you're one o' them 'mericans) and out trotted Dream, who shall henceforth be known as "Dream The Ladypooch" or DLT for short. After about... ooooh... 20 seconds, we decided she was the dog for us.

So here she is!


(Click the pic to enlarge.)

She's a 5 year old tricolour (though I counted 5) smooth collie, and the photo doesn't do her justice, believe me (she won best in show as a pup at a big ole show). Problem is, she sticks her nose on the cam every time I try and take a picture. The above pic was the only useable one out of 20 or so.

She's really laid back, and near silent. I think the loudest thing she's done so far is yawn. Once she's been exercised a bit (she had a litter 10 weeks ago, so is a little out of shape), I have no doubt she'll be just as energetic as Ollie was. Not that I'm comparing the two, as that's impossible; they're so different.

Once she's settled in, I may see if she wishes to try her hand at blogging, ala Mel-hoo's pooch, Owen (check out both blogs, they're awesome).

And yes, we're probably keeping the name. It suits her.


So, onto the writing!


*Swaps from dog hat to writin' hat.*


I'm slowly approaching the half way point of my WIP, which is nice, but not great. I need to pick up the pace; too many lazy, or low word-count days (due to current events, including a certain book release). The sooner it's done, the sooner I can move onto one of the many story ideas that regularly punch me in the back of the head, while shouting, "Me next!"

Speaking of my head punching ideas, I had a gooooood one recently which may well be the next project. I'm not saying much so far, but it's likely to involve super spies, time travel and lots of funnies. A good mix, I'm sure you'll agree.


*Swaps from writin' hat to editing hat.*


On top of the writing I need to get the rewrite of Solus started soon, too, so I can get it shiny and subbed. Also, the pre-edits for Strand won't be far off either. No release details yet, but I'll let you know once I know.


*Loses track of his identical hats, throws them to the side and resolves to label them some time.*


So, um...


*Scratches head.*


This is hard without my hats...

OOH!

In other news, I got myself an iPod Touch. At first I couldn't justify the cost, but once I found out that the three gadgets it would replace would probably sell on eBay for the cost of said iPod, I snapped one up.

So far, I have 24 games, 12 apps, and a bunch of geeky podcasts on there (love the auto download thing). Oh, and some music.

I think that'll do for this blog post. I have a pooch to play with. :-)

Toodles!

Adam

PS - Tomorrow I shall be posting a "one week after release" thingy. Should be fun!

12 comments:

june said...

Awww... she looks like a sweetie. Glad she found a great home with you!
Cool on the writing & itouch too but the furry faced one wins for this post :)

Adam said...

She's awesome, June. I love her to pieces already. :D

Adam

Stacey Graham said...

Dream is lovely, what a great way to complete your family. <3

Adam said...

Yup! It's great to have a pooch in the house again. :-)

Adam

bettielee said...

So awesome about the pooch! I love "The Ladypooch" part of the name! :) And congrats on being in the middle of a new wip. I have one starting June 1st: if I make it through this month, that is.

Jamie D. said...

Wow - you've been busy! :-)

Congrats and welcome to Dream...she looks absolutely darling. That face has so much character...

And congrats on the iTouch as well.

Good luck with the writing/editing - now that you're published and all, you have fans to keep happy! ;-)

Adam said...

Bettielee - Just plain "Dream" didn't do her justice. Good luck with the new WIP! :)

Jamie - She's a sweetie! So's the iTouch! :D

Adam

C R Ward said...

Awww, congrats on the new pooch! I'm sure she's very happy to have found such a loving home.

She looks sweet, and I love the name Dream. :-)

Don't let your new toy distract you from your writing!

Melanie Avila said...

This is such a sweet post. I can't believe she was in the trunk though! Was it a hatchback?

Good luck with all the writerly things. I'm jealous of your progress.

Adam said...

CR - Too late, she's already taking up lots of my time. ;)

Mel - It was a hatchback, yeah. She's small, so it wasn't like she was cramped. Still, coming home in our estate must have been luxurious in comparison. :)


Adam

Kaity Hall said...

Ok, firstly DLP is SUUUUUPER cute. Absolutely precious!!!!! Love love love. (Can you tell I'm a pet person???)

Secondly: write write write. Keep on keepin' on.

Thirdly: I got an iPod touch for Christmas and now I don't know what I would do without it. Again with the love. Smart purchase.

And lastly, have a great week!!! (random, I know)

~KK~

Adam said...

Thanks, Kaity, on all counts! :D

Have a good week, yourself! :-)

Adam