Monday, 28 June 2010

Canada's A Callin'!

(Listening to - Bad English - When I See You Smile)

'Ello all!

In a little over twelve hours, I'll be stepping onto my first of two flights on my way to Newfoundland (Canada) to meet my sweetheart, Rhaina, for the very first time.

This is my first flight anywhere, ever, and is also the first time I've left the UK, so I'm somewhat nervous about the airport crap. The flights themselves (London, then straight to Newfie) don't bother me particularly. In fact, I'm looking forward to the views from my window seat.

As for the "meeting Rhaina" part, that'll more than make up for the stresses incurred beforehand. :-)

Anyway, I shall try and get a blog post or two in while I'm away, and will try and take some semi-decent pics.

Y'all be good while I'm away, k?

Wish me luck!

Adam

16 comments:

Kaity Hall said...

Travelling is stressful, but it's not nearly as bad as it's been made out to be. Just remain calm and focused and everything will go smoothly. As for flying, chew gum on the way up and down, it'll help with the popping in the ears. That's my best advice. Also have fun, take tons of pics, and update when you can. We'll be waiting with baited breath!! :)

~KK~

Adam said...

Thanks, Kaity. :-)

I'll be sure to grab some gum. My phone has an awesome camera, so I'll take lots of pics! ;)

Adam

Kaity Hall said...

*claps her hands in excitement*

~KK~

C R Ward said...

I hope Rhaina is going to have a traditional "screeching in" ceremony for you. :-)

Hope you have a smooth flight and a great time with Rhain!

Kathy said...

Good luck, have fun, take pictures!

I bet you'll really like Canada.

Why not drop in on Kevin, too?

Adam said...

CR - Hehe, that's not really Rhaina's style. ;-)

Thanks!

Kathy - Thanks, I will! I'm off to Newfoundland which is an island off Canada, not mainland. :-)

Adam

Kathy said...

Ha ha! I was just kidding about the Kevin part.

Adam said...

I'd guessed, but I felt the urge to be polite. :D

Adam

Jemi Fraser said...

Enjoy the flights and the meeting! It'll all be wonderful! :)

Janna Qualman said...

I wish you nothing but the best, Adam. Take care, and enjoy yourself!

R. G. Randell said...

It's so hard to believe that time has flown by so quick. I will be there waiting for ya sweetie at the airport. Have a safe flight.

Melanie Avila said...

Squee!!!

I know you're already there and I hope you're having a wonderful time! Don't forget to see the sights too. ;)

shadowferret said...

Have fun. I imagine you're already there. How was the flight? Personally, I hate flying and it hates me. :D

Adam said...

Hey peeps!

I landed fine, and all is going great! :-)

Adam

Ana Goncalves said...

Wohooo hope you have had a safe flight and are enjoying your time there with Rhaina. :) Much love.

bettielee said...

I'm not makin any promises about being good... how about you be good and that will settle for the both of us?! I am jealous of you getting to leave your country... I have never done so, except to go to Tijuana. Yeah. Enjoy CANADA! :)