Friday, 11 June 2010

How'd That Happen?

(Listening to - System Of A Down - Suggestions)

It's my 27th birthday on Monday.

Huh.

The bugger crept up on me this year like a ninja in thick socks.

As happens every year, I'll soon start fielding questions from people along the lines of, "you're getting old. Are you okay with this?"

PFFT!

Firstly, I have no choice in the matter; secondly, I like aging. Every year, I learn more, meet new people, find a few more kickass grey hairs... The only bit I don't like is the whole 'body falling apart' thing, but that's more down to my sedentary lifestyle than my age, as my physio likes to point out. So, back to my point.

Wait, I had no point. Bah.

Instead of a point then, I shall link you to my book and remind you that you haven't been reading enough humorous urban fantasy lately. You know you haven't, don't argue. :-)

(Clicking the pic will send you to Amazon. Alternatively it can be bought from Lyrical, Fictionwise, and many other places.)

Aaaaaand that's enough pimping for now.

*Cough* Buy it, love it, review it. *cough*

What?


In other news -

  • I've been pootling along with my sequel to the above book (buy it!). It's coming along nicely, and is approaching half way. I think it'll hit 60k on the first draft (though I'm aiming for more), then 65-70k on subsequent edits (I write sparse). I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the story, as at the mo I'm only planning a chapter or two ahead.
  • 17 days till Canada!!!
  • Solus still sits untouched on my hard drive and ereader. I really need to reread it so I can begin the edits... That baby needs subbing!
  • 17 days till Canada!!!
  • Strand is with my editor, Cyn, as she works her magic/red pen on it. I'm hoping it'll require less work than Reaper did. Though Reaper didn't need too much, according to Cyn.
  • 17 days till Canada!!!
  • Dream the Ladypooch and Poppy Puppy are settled in nicely, now. Poppy is fussing a lot less at night now, and generally only howls when Rick (brother) takes Dream for a walk in the morning and leaves her on her lonesome. Unfortunately for me, Rick is an early riser, so I've often only been asleep for a few hours when she starts bawling. ;)
  • What was that other thing... Oh. 17 days till Canada!!!
  • Had another physio appointment yesterday. It's going well, and they've given me yet MORE exercises to do. Anyone'd think they wanted me healthy.

And that about covers it, I think. Hope you all have a good weekend, and thanks to all those who've told me they enjoyed my book. I love hearing that. :D

TTFN,

Adam

PS - Reviews are always appreciated, whether they be on the site you bought the book from, your blog etc.
PPS - 17 days till Canada!!!


19 comments:

Ana Goncalves said...

Dear Adam,
I'm so happy for you on all that has happened, and it seems like you are doing well with your exercises too. That is great news. I nearly ended up buying your book on my old hard drive, but than it broke down and so now that I have a new one I should be able to buy it soon. I don't want to buy it straight away as I am already reading one Authors memoir, by Kim Michelle Richardson. After this I'm tempted to buy it and read it then. Hoooray! I got sent another book yesterday by someone who found out from their friend that I was interested in their book, and they sent it to me for free. It was completely unexpected and very generous. I wish you all the best in whatever comes your way, and I'm also very excited for you to go to Canada, it's so close. It'll fly by before you know it and you'll be there. *jumps up and down and high fives Adam*
I'm glad that the pups are settling in nicely and it's nice to see pictures of them on Facebook. :)

Adam said...

Ana - Thanks so much! I can't wait to get over to Canada and see Rhaina. I'm a little nervous (mostly about the flight), but I'm not letting it get in the way. ;-)

Thanks!

Adam

Dolly said...

Can't wait to hear all about your first meeting with Rhaina. So exciting :-)))

Adam said...

Dolly - There will be facebook statuses and photos aplenty. :D

Adam

Kaity Hall said...

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were excited about this upcoming trip of yours...haha...

~KK~

Adam said...

Maybe a smidge of a bit... ;)

Adam

bettielee said...

Hey, aren't you going to Canada soon? How long? anyway... I haven't read it yet... but I bought it!! I'm really going to get going on my reading tho.... and keep exercising!! You want to be in good shape for Canada!

Adam said...

Sammich - Some time soon, I think... Not sure. :P

Thanks for buying my book! I really hope you like it! :D

Adam

Janna Qualman said...

Canada AND a birthday?! Aren't you one lucky fellow. ;)

Adam said...

I know! Yay for me! :D

Adam

Melanie Avila said...

Hey Adam?

...





...





15 DAYS UNTIL CANADA!!

Adam said...

OMG! You're right!!! :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!


Adam

Melanie Avila said...

*bounces about!!*

Adam said...

*Happy jig*

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday son, I love you.
Dad xxx

Melanie Avila said...

awwww....

Is it Monday there yet? Happy birthday!!

Adam said...

Thanks, dad. :)

Mel - Yeah, it's been Monday for 3 minutes. ;)

Adam

Melanie Avila said...

*touches nose, then points at Adam*

I'm right there with ya.

Adam said...

Thanks! :D

*More dancin'*

Adam