Friday, 18 June 2010

Must. Blog. More.

(Listening to - Evanescence - Going Under)

Gah!

At one point I was at one post every 2-3 days. Lately it's been 5-7. Must try harder!

Anyway.

How've you been? Good?

I've been splitting my time between talking to my sweetie (10 and a bit days to go!!!), watching Poppy Puppy (down to about 20% terror, 80% cute now), and writing the odd word.

My word-counts have been rather erratic of late. One day I'll write 3,000 words, and another day I'll write nothing. Most of this is my own fault, and I have to blame it on. Even with the puppy watching, I have plenty of time to write in, and could conceivably write 3-4k a day. The only thing stopping me, is me.

As I'm sure anyone who has read this blog before knows, I'm a procrastinator of the highest degree, with the attention span of a gnat. So far in the writing of this post, I've moved away to check emails several times, looked at Facebook, posted on Absolute Write and considered going for a brew.

Ridiculous, no?

Makes me wonder how I ever managed to get two books published and a further one and a half written. *Cough* Buy A Reaper's Tale *cough*

Speaking of coughi--, my book, it appears to be doing well in terms of sales. I've seen no numbers as of yet, but it's at 30 out of 172 on Fictionwise's Lyrical bestseller list, and at one point hit a Amazon/Kindle rank of around 6k (it usually hovers around 65k). A few more user reviews would be nice though, as reviews mean sales. :)

I'm going to cut this post short, as I have to go watch the dogs for a bit, and if I just save this as a draft to finish later, I'll probably not get round to it for a day or two.

Something must be done...

Toodles,

Adam

2 comments:

Kaity Hall said...

You seem as ADD as me! Ain't it great? I can't seem to focus on any one thing ever for much time. I can't wait to buy your book, as soon as there's money on the debit it's MIIINE (insert evil laugh here). Sorry, I'm a little on the manic side today...loooooooves!

~KK~

Adam said...

Hehehe ;-)

Too many things... must concentrate... must wor-- OOH! I HAVE EMAIL!!!

I hope you enjoy the book when you get it! :D

Adam