Monday, 26 July 2010

Et Voila!

(Listening to - The Night)

Iz done!

The first draft of the sequel to A Reaper's Tale is now complete! Woop!

*Fanfare*

At a little over 52k, it's short, though; shorter than I'd wanted. Still, given the list of things I need to add, extend and tweak (I don't go back to add/tweak when I write, I just make a note), I'm not too concerned. I can see me easily adding 10k to the length, and possibly more.

All that can wait, though, as first, I have a dark fantasy by the name of Solus to polish in readiness for submission to agents!

Nervous, you say? Me? Not in the least. I'm confident in my writing.

*cough*

Ooh, also, in the act of finishing my draft tonight, I also wrote more today than I ever have! Over 5,000 words!

I'm aware that there are people out there that regularly pump out that much (and more), but I ain't one of 'em. This is a rare and splendiferous thing, and must be celebrated, just like the completion of a draft.

Although, as I write this it's gone 4.30am... Maybe I'll celebrate tomorrow instead...

TTFN,

Adam

PS - Thanks to Rhaina for geeing me on! I wouldn't have his the end today without you!

18 comments:

R. G. Randell said...

Good work sweetie! I'm proud of you.

Adam said...

Thanks, baby! :D

<3

Adam

R. G. Randell said...

Now we needs ta get ya an agent!

Adam said...

Indeed we do! :D

Adam

Benjamin Solah said...

Nice work Adam.

I'm like you and not often do I pump out huge counts like this, so I can appreciate the effort.

F.I.C said...

Wow. I'm doing good if I hit over 1k never mind 5. *bows to Adamz superior skillz* Now I just need to get around to reading the first one before the second one comes out.

Melanie Avila said...

You. Rock Star. Totally Are.

I keep forgetting you don't have an agent. Get on that, would ya? :P

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats on the finish and the 5k. That's a lot of writing! I don't generally get that much done in a day either. Good luck with the polishing :)

Adam said...

Ben - Thanks! I surprised myself. :D

Fi - Ta, and yes you do! :D

Hoo-ster - Working on it! ;)

Jemi - Thanks! I'm looking forward to the edits. ;)

Adam

C R Ward said...

Wow, good work Adam!

Just think what you'll be able to accomplish once your sweetie's there and able to crack the whip in person. :-)

Adam said...

Lol, indeedy! Thanks! :D

Adam

Nerine Dorman said...

Always lovely to type that last word. The best part follows: Revisions. Good luck with that!

Adam said...

Thanks, Nerine! :-)

I'm looking forward to the edits, but they come after I've edited my dark fantasy. ;)

Adam

Ana Goncalves said...

Excellent work Adam. I'm happy for you, that you are creating in the moment. Woooot! :)

Adam said...

Thanks, Ana! :D

WOOP!

Adam

Janna Qualman said...

The links. I should have said pink links...

Janna Qualman said...

Oh noes! Where'd my first comment go?!

I said... I love it! It's perfect. Except maybe for the pink text, which isn't so Adamish. Is it changeable?

Adam said...

Hehe, you put 'em on the wrong post, is all, Janna. ;-)

Adam