Monday, 5 July 2010

Tattoo Number One!

(Listening to - Rhaina, Napping)


So, I finally got my first tattoo done!

Voila!


It was done by Mike Kearney at St. John's Ink, Rhaina's local. This pic was taken shortly after I removed the cover, so it's still red and shiny.
It's to commemorate the release of my first book(also available on the Kindle, and on Fictionwise), and I plan to get one for each subsequent title, too.

The experience was better than I'd expected. It was painful, but not overly so, barring some of the shading. I spent most of the time watching him work, which probably didn't help. ;)

Now that it's done, though, I'm glad I went through the discomfort.

So, whaddya think? Like? Dislike? Got any? :)

Toodles,

Adam

PS - Managed to get some writing in yesterday, though not lots. In theory I'll get some more in when Rhaina's working.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it son, but is it me or is that a left handed scythe?
x

Adam said...

It looked better this way around, and it IS on my left arm, after all... ;-)

Adam

Melanie Avila said...

It's so cool!

I would love to get one, probably in the same area but closer to my wrist, but I have no idea what I'd want. Well, I have a little idea, but I'd need to design it.

Adam said...

Thanks Mel!

Had it been smaller, it would've been a little higher up, but it looked best where it is now. ;)

You should've seen my rough sketch... Ugh!

Adam

Jemi Fraser said...

Looks good! Glad it wasnt' too painful! :)

AvDeeBee said...

Nice one! I have four, and have promised myself no more until I'm published. That one is going to be a doozy--either my entire back or my left shoulder and upper arm. I figure I have a while to decide. : /

Adam said...

Thanks peeps! :D

Adam

june said...

It's really done well & I love how it is a celebration for the theme of your book. Too cool :)
(Mal is still mine, BTW ;))

Erica Chapman said...

Very cool! Love it ;o)

Adam said...

Thankies! :D


Adam

C R Ward said...

Nice tat Adam. :-)

I have a dragon on my calf.

Ana Goncalves said...

Looking good! And that is a neat idea to celebrate your first book! Well done on all your hard work with it, and many more in the future. :)

Adam said...

CR - Thanks!

Ana - Thanks so much!

Adam