Thursday, 9 September 2010

June Kramin - The Interview

So, I decided that my blog needed another string to its bow. That string, I decided, should be interviews! I have yet to work out the details, but there will probably be a mix of writers and bloggers, and a range of questions, ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous. If you've read my blog before, you'll know it'll be mostly the latter.

Without further ado, here's the first!

June Kramin (or Auntybug as some know her as) is an author of romance books. Her first, Dustin Time (blurb here), was released recently in ebook form by Champagne Books (the print version is coming soon). I've read it, and lurved it, and heartily recommend you do the same. Here's my review, go read!



Right, that's the intro done with. Here's the questiony bit! (The serious ones are at the end.)

DAFT!

1 - Who would win in a fight between a giraffe with an uzi, and a llama with three legs and a super soaker full of Pangalactic Gargle Blaster? Show your workings.

June - Giraffe. Duh. The neck of the giraffe gives it much more leverage & balance with the uzi. The Lama, especially having only three legs, unless his name is ‘Lucky’ or he was born that way, has stability issues. You see, every monkey knows that Pangalactic Gargle Blaster is simply a concoction of Brandy, port wine & lemonade. So, the dimwitted, 3-legged bastid has been sneaking sips of it all day anyway, adding to the instability of his tri-pod-ness. So… my dear friend. ‘Tis the giraffe, hands down. Of course, if they have to put down the weapons & have a spit off, I’d like to change my vote.

2 - What's your favourite sound?

June - Ideally, it would be the sound of a modified 289 V-8 Windsor engine inside a ’65 Mustang Shelby in my driveway with the license plate of “Mine”. I mean, babies laughing. Yeah, that one.

3 - Which would you rather have, an apple shaped like a banana, or 57 oranges, carefully arranged in a pyramid?

June - Ooooh. The oranges in pyramid. *picks one from the bottom and runs*

108 - Srsly?

June - Sore serious, dude.

-4 - How's my hair?

June - I don’t like guys with hair nicer than mine. Sorry.



SERIOUS.

6 - If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?

June - Ouch. That’s a tough call. Maybe Thriller/ Suspense? I love my John Sandford novels and would die without Lucas Davenport & Virgil Flowers (the main characters) but I have really enjoyed all my AW-er friends’ books as well and love diversity of my reading material. This is a trick question like “If you could only take one book to a deserted island, what would it be?” I’d smuggle, beg, & steal to get what I wanted. I’m kind of a princess that way.

5 - Describe your perfect lazy day. (No work of any sort allowed!)

June - That would be a non-windy day at home without the air cannon going off at the nearby vineyard so I can ride my horse without him spooking and no trucks going by for him to chase! Top it off with my embroidery machine not eating a shirt I’m making and my neighbor over for a game of bean bags (corn hole iffin you’re from the south), a Captain in my hands and a friend notification on facebook from someone I haven’t heard from in years! Hmm… I guess that was just my perfect day. Perfect lazy day? I’m doing this all in my pajamas.

28B - I love the character of Dustin in your book. Is he based on any particular people, or is he a shiny new creation?

June - He is probably a little bit of my husband (just don’t tell him I said that). Dusty was definitely a character that said, “Move over, wench”, and took over my book. He kind of surprised me in more than one place and I have to admit, I loved him the whole journey. (Dusty, you could have told me earlier than you played the piano. I’m just sayin’.)

Fourteen - It's obvious you rock at romance, but what other genres have you written in?

June - I have a children’s fantasy series that I wrote for my daughter. The first book was the second thing I ever wrote so it obviously needs work. I have a few people that loved them but I’m still unsure of myself as far as they go and haven’t pursued an agent for them yet. I like the later books much better as the stories get more complicated, but everyone’s favorite is still the 1st. I thought the first one was all there was going to be but the series is currently up to nine books.

Hamster - What's in the pipeline? Any shiny new Dustin tales?

June - Yanno… Dustin Time was supposed to be a stand-alone novel…but then some awesome friend of mine that wrote this totally killer Grimm Reaper book had a theory about who Frank was and now I’m not so sure. I have the spark of an idea for a #2 but I just don’t’ know if I can commit to saying there will be another…yet.



And we're done! Thanks so much for putting up with my stupidity, June, and best of luck in everything you do!

June's website - http://www.junekramin.com
June's Facebook Fan Page - http://www.facebook.com/JuneKramin
June's book, that you must buy - http://www.tinyurl.com/dustintime

Toodles!

Adam

10 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Awesome interview! But then am I surprised?

Adam said...

Indeedy! June rawks. :-)

Adam

june said...

No.... you rock. (We gonna do this again? ;) )

Hampster! LMAO! Your questions cracked me up! How totally fun! I wish all interviews were like this!
*smooches*

Adam said...

Nuh uh, YOU do! (Yup! ;))

I'm glad you enjoyed, June! I had fun doing it! :-)

Adam

Stewie said...

w00t! great interview. I would have gone with the oranges and the giraffe as well.

srsly.

Adam said...

Yay! Glad you liked! :D

Adam

PS - Llama all the way.

Erica Chapman said...

Great interview both of you! So funny!

Of course the Giraffe, however, if it drinks the Pangalactic Gargle Blaster, then I'd have to give it to the Llama ;o)

Adam said...

Yay! Glad you liked, Erica! :D

Adam

Melanie Hooyenga said...

You kids are hilarious! Awesome interviews. :)

Adam said...

Ta, Hoo! ;)

Adam