Monday, 11 October 2010

Canada Here I Come!

(Listening to - OZFM)

As some of you may already know (because I announced this elsewhere last week but forgot to blog it), there's been a change of plan in the whole, "My sweetie is coming here" thing.

After some discussin' (similar to cussin' only without the cussin'), we both decided that the other way around made more sense, for a number of reasons.

So, at some point (probably around February), I'll be off to stay in Newfoundland, Canada for a while!

I told my family over the weekend, and they all took it well. It'll be hard to leave 'em, as well as the pooches, but my sweetie was prepared to do it for me, and I'm sure as hell prepared to do the same. Plus, it's a GORGEOUS part of the world, and the people seem friendlier than here (I love the whole "have a good day, sir" thing, even if it's insincere). I'm looking forward to it.

I may have to start a "Brit in Newfie" blog. I can see the first post now - "What the hell is wrong with these shopping trolleys?!"


In Other News -

The new WIP is coming along very nicely indeed. I passed the 10k mark last night, and while I really should have done that a week ago, it's a milestone nonetheless.

The plot has taken a couple twists that I hadn't planned, but I find that often happens, so it's no biggy.

I look forward to finishing the draft!


TTFN,

Adam

14 comments:

R. G. Randell said...

Woo Hoo! Love ya!

Adam said...

Love ya too, sweetie! :D

Adam

June Kramin said...

Yanno.... I'm only a state away once you're there!! Mayhaps a visit will be in order. I'll grab the Hoo & we'll crash you two :D
(after a while of course ;) )

Adam said...

Oooh! ;-)

Bug 'n Hoo, being all Canadian and stuff! ;)


Adam

Jemi Fraser said...

That sounds exciting! I know you'll love being in Canada! :)

Erica M. Chapman said...

Wow! Exciting news ;o) I'm happy you guys will be together! Glad the WIP is coming along too!

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Bug, I'm there!

You totally have to start Brit in Newfie. :) One of us needs a fish out of water blog.

Congrats on passing 10K!

Adam said...

Jemi - Thanks! It's a lovely part of the world. :D

Erica - Thanks and thanks! ;-)

Hoo - WOOP! ;)

Will have to snag a blogspot address once I think up a good one. ;)


Adam

Janna Qualman said...

What an exciting new venture! I wish you both well. :)

Adam said...

Thanks, Janna! :D

Adam

C R Ward said...

Britain's loss is Canada's gain!

I hope you get "screeched in" this time - I'd love to see a picture of you kissing a codfish. :-D

Adam said...

I have no idea what that is, but it sounds lovely! ;-)

Adam

India Drummond said...

Sounds like the beginning of something wonderful. I moved across the world to be with my husband, and it was one of my better decisions in my life

Adam said...

Thanks, India! :D

Adam