Sunday, 7 November 2010

Testing The Waters

(Listening to - Nothing!)

Hello all! How've you been? :-)

So, I was writing a list of ideas for future blog posts (I've been slacking of late), and had an idea. What if I did a series of 6 or 7 posts on how I write a book, starting with the germ of an idea, through planning and writing, and all the way up to editing and submission. They'd be mid-length, and humorous where it suited, and may be entertaining to read if such things interest you.

What do you think?

Yay? Nay?

Anything in particular you think it'd be good for me to cover?

I know I'm nothing even approaching an expert, but I love reading things like this on other people's blogs, so I think it could be fun to do my own. Let me know what you think in my comments.


As well as that, I'm planning to tackle a few writerly topics, like self publishing versus 'traditional' publishing, some stuff on genre and literary, as well as a bunch of interviews of both authors and bloggers.

I'm also thinking of trying my hand at either a video or audio post, providing I can summon the courage. ;-)

For now though, I'm off to cough some more.

TTFN,

Adam

19 comments:

Rhaina said...

Yeah do it! BTW I hate the word verification thing here. Half the time the word won't even show up.

Adam said...

Yay!

The WV is a necessary evil, though. Keeps the spam at bay! :D


Adam

Adam said...

PS - Love ya!

MC Howe said...

That's a grand idea Adam! I enjoy learning others' processes, even if it proves I'm a hack.

Adam said...

Thanks, MC. Not sure how I'll structure them yet, but they could be a lot of fun. :-)


Adam

Erica M. Chapman said...

Sounds good to me ;o) I love to see how others do their thing!!

Dolly said...

I would definitely love to see those posts. You may not be an expert (who is?), but you certainly have acquired enough experience to post about these topics, and it's not like you are saying it's gospel. It's your way, which could very well change in five years time.

Like you, I also love reading this sort of posts. I would do one myself, except that right now, I am not quite sure of exactly how I write a book :P

Jason Tudor said...

It's a great idea, Adam.

Adam said...

Thanks, guys and gals! I'm looking forward to doing them, along with the odd short audio thing (few minutes). :)


Adam

Jamie D. said...

Yay! I'll look forward to those. No need to be an expert, you're just sharing your own experiences. I love reading about how other people work. :-)

Adam said...

Thanks, Jamie! :D

Suppose I'd better start outlining them... ;)


Adam

C R Ward said...

I think it's a great idea, Adam! I love to read about other people's writing process..

Adam said...

Thank you, CR! :-)

It's about time I got back to regular posting on here. :P



Adam

AvDB said...

Why not? Any opportunity to see a different approach to a process is a chance to learn something. I'd definitely read it.

Adam said...

Thanks, Av!

Coming soon, methinks...


Adam

June Kramin said...

Cool idea. I love reading other people's take of writerly stuff! Do it. :)

Adam said...

Ta, Bug! :D

Planning them out at the moment. ;-)


Adam

Melanie Hooyenga said...

I've been contemplating a video post as well, I just don't know what topic to do.

Adam said...

Hoo!

I'm thinking audio more than video lately. Don't have to pretty myself up then. ;)


Adam