Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Pyro, done-o.

Woot!

I just finished the first draft of my WIP!

The end word count was a hair over 60,000, which is shorter than I was aiming for, but given that I write sparse and add in edits, I'm not in the least concerned.

This is my fastest written book so far, at about two and a half months for the first draft. I'd like to speed up further, and I know I'm capable of it, but I'm happy of the time taken, regardless. :-)

Oooh!

I've finished a draft a few days before my blog post about reaching the end of a draft! I shall have to make notes on feelings and such. :P

TTFN,

Adam

7 comments:

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Woohoo! That's great!

I really hope I'm just a couple weeks behind you. :)

June Kramin said...

Weee!!! More for me to read! Can't wait!! Congrats to you! Win- win! :D

Adam said...

Thanks Hoo 'n Bug!

It's now settling in a folder for a couple of weeks before I start the edit. ;)

Adam

Elle said...

Yay! Congrats! :D

Adam said...

Thanks, Elle! ;-)

Great to get another finished. :D

Adam

H. Mary Cole said...

It's great that you are disciplined enough to crank out such volumes of writing in a short period of time!

Adam said...

Thanks, Mary! I'm proud of myself for finishing is this quick, but I know I can do it faster still. Maybe on the next one... :-)

Adam