Saturday, 1 January 2011

Gumshoe Go Boom?

(Listening to - OZFM)

For the third time now, this blog has jinxed my writing projects.

Or rather, I have, by announcing them FAR too early.

Succubus based dark urban fantasy - Less than 2,000 words. No plot.
Post Apocalyptic comedy - Less than 200 words. Irreconcilable character and world issues.
Gumshoe novel - 2,117 words. My heart ain't in it.


That's not to say I won't return to the ideas at some point. At least two of them have promise. For now, though, RIP. ;)

Luckily I have an idea for a new project. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING THOUGH!!!

I ain't jinxing this one. I'll wait till I have at least a basic outline before announcing. That worked fine with the previous book. :-)


Hope you all had a good 31st Dec!


TTFN,

Adam

10 comments:

June Kramin said...

Sorry to hear it but you know best. I keep thinking I'm going to 'can' my latest WIP 'cause I have no idea where I'm going but the characters always save me! (So far) ;)
Good luck on the next one!

Adam said...

Thanks, June. :-)

I'm not too bothered really. I always have ideas for new projects, and I'm sure I'll be back to Gumshoe in some form in no time. :)

Adam

Dolly said...

oh that's a damn shame!! But maybe your ideas are just having a tantrum, and like you said, after a while, they might work out.

But yeah, best play safe and don't advertise too early.

Happy New Year

Adam said...

We shall certainly see. :-)

Thanks, Dolly!

Adam

Jamie D. said...

Well bummer. I hate when that happens. Good luck with your new projects...can't wait to see what else is going on in that head of yours. :-)

Adam said...

Ta, Jamie. :)

The new idea is coming along well. ;)


Adam

Jemi Fraser said...

Hope this is the one!

Adam said...

Thanks, Jemi! :-)


Adam

Melanie Hooyenga said...

I agree, I hate when that happens, but I admire that you recognize it before writing the entire novel. Better to put your energy into one you care about.

Good luck with the new project and don't tell us about it until you're at least halfway done!

Adam said...

Thanks, Hoo! :-)

Once I have a plan I'll hint a bit. :P

Adam