Monday, 21 March 2011

Enter The Dra--, Synopsis

(Listening to - Bon Jovi - It's My Life) [Haven't heard it recently, it's just stuck in my head for some reason]

After much tweaking, rewriting, and swearing like a sailor, the edits to Pyro are done! Finally!

The end word count is a hair under 71k, which I'm happy with. It was looking like it was going to be a lot shorter at one point, which would have been less than desirable.

The downside to having finished is that I now have to write another damn synopsis (and query). Bah!
It's bad enough having to fit a story into 70,000 words, never mind squishing said story into 1-2 pages of double spaced 12pt TNR.

Well, more accurately - It's easy enough to squish a 70k story into 1-2 pages. What's difficult is making the thing readable. ;)

In Other News - 


Strand is out April 4th!!!

*Happy dance*

I've been waiting so long for this! It was accepted for publishing a little before A Reaper's Tale came out, and while that's only around a year, which isn't particularly long in publishing, it's dragged. ;)

Still, only a couple of weeks left to go. I hope you'll at least view the excerpt on my sweetie's blog HERE, even if the genre isn't your thing. You never know, you may enjoy it. Why deprive oneself of enjoyment?

TTFN,

Adam

10 comments:

Vivian Kees said...

whoo hoo!

Adam said...

*Happy Elmo dance*

Adam

Dolly said...

YAY!! Editing done. That must be a relief. Ewww...query letters. I don't fancy that. Congratulations for Strand!

Adam said...

Thanks, Dolly. :-)


Adam

Melanie Hooyenga said...

I LOVE Bon Jovi!

Good luck with the synopses. I got my first efforts out tonight, now I just need to polish.

And yay for Strand! I told you I have a location in mine called The Strand, right?

Adam said...

Jovi is awesome. ;)

(I currently have Bed of Roses stuck in my head.)

Thanks, and yay for getting yours done! :-)

Adam

C R Ward said...

Congrats Adam! Can't wait for April!

Adam said...

Thanks, C, me neither! ;-)

Adam

June Kramin said...

Not reading the excerpt - I want the whole thing!! *waits*

Adam said...

Lol! :P

Not long now... ;)

Adam