Monday, 23 May 2011

Tiny Snippet...

Boo!

So, I was sitting here, editing the sequel to A Reaper's Tale (now named 'A Grim Pact'), and I thought, "Why not post a snippet on my blog?"

So, here we are. As those who have read the first book will hopefully remember, I interspersed the book with 1st sections of Mal's autobiography. In the sequel, I'm using sections from "Grim Reaping in the Modern World - 1887 Edition." Here is one such section:



    Common Reaper Misconception Number Two: “Grim Reapers hold dominion over life and death.”
    Incorrect. While Death himself can choose who lives and dies with a mere thought, Grim Reapers have no such ability. At the very beginning, Reapers were taught how to bring on death with a touch, but too many were found to be using it to suit their own ends. This worsened during the inception of the ‘per death’ wage system. (This was one of the reasons why wages were stopped entirely.)
    It has been reported that some Reapers have limited abilities regarding bringing life or death, but this is very rare indeed. Any employee found to have such powers is quickly bound using powerful magics to ensure no misuse of said powers, either accidental or intentional, occurs. 

Hope you likey! :)

TTFN,

Adam

10 comments:

Vivian Kees/Xondra Day said...

Sounds interesting!

Adam said...

Thankee! :-)


Adam

Dolly said...

me likey!

Adam said...

Yay!

Adam

June Kramin said...

I'm sure it's lovely... but I don't like to be teased! I'll wait & read the whole thing! ;)

Adam said...

Pfft! It spoils nothing, I promise. It's just a plotless funny bit. :)


Adam

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like a fun story! :)

Adam said...

Thanks, Jemi! :-)


Adam

Beth Bartlett said...

Love it! *holds out empty ebook reader* May I have some more?

OK, so my urchin accent needs work. ;)

Adam said...

Glad you likey! I'll have it out soon (blog post regarding that incoming...). :-)


Adam