Monday, 26 September 2011

Typedy Type Type

Welp, the first draft of a piece I've been working on for my pseudonym is done. Needs an edit, as well as a few new scenes, but I'm reasonably confident that I'll be able to find it a home. I have a particular place in mind, but I'm paranoid about jinxing such things, so we'll just say they're a publisher, and they sell books.

There, that shouldn't affect my luck.

Looks like I'm also going back and retweaking the urban fantasy I've been subbing around. After getting zero interest, I took another look at it with more objective eyes. It's, uh, it's not as good as I remembered.
That's the problem with memory. It lies.

So I shall be starting the rewrite on that soon. The beginning needs a fair bit of work, but the writing improves as it goes along, so I'm hoping that my life gets easier once I'm a third of the way in. We shall see.

What have you been up to?

TTFN,

Adam

7 comments:

bettielee said...

Congrats on the finish and good luck on the rewrite!

Adam said...

Ta, Sammich! :-)

Adam

graceunderpressure said...

Oh those lying lyerpants memories! The smell of fresh cut grass does not smell so sweet now.. :(

Remedy: write, write again! *\^_^/*

Adam said...

Indeedy! Durned things. :P

I'm sure it'll turn out well in the end. ;)

Adam

June Kramin said...

w00t on the finish!! I know you can whoop the other into submission. I haz faith!! Go you! :)

Adam said...

Ta, Bug! :)

Nearly finished the edit on the romance, now. Just 8 more pages. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Adam

Shelley HW said...

Good luck with whatever publisher is luck enough to have you. As for your memory lying to you, mine does too.