Sunday, 30 October 2011

Hallowaargh!

I'm not a fan of scary things. When it comes to horror, I don't read it, watch it, or even talk about it. I derive absolutely no pleasure from being scared. All the adrenaline rush does is make me clammy, then leave me unable to sleep for a couple of nights. I've even had to avoid my beloved An Army Of Ermas this month, as it's been about scares and scary stories. (I do, however, have a non-scary post coming up on the 2nd of November, so stay tuned!)

Yup, I'm really that bad.

My darling wife assures me it's because I avoided horror as a child, and never built up a tolerance. That may be true, but I'm quite happy to have no tolerance if it means I don't have to watch the stuff.

As you can imagine, then, Halloween is not my most favourite of so called holidays. Websites put up scary posts, people link to said scary posts, idiots try and get me to click on Youtube 'screamer's (I'm adept at spotting them now), and the TV devolves into even more undesirable programming. Not that we own one.

Still, it makes sweetie happy to watch the scary stuff on the internet. I just put my earphones in and listen to Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows on loop.

What about you lot? Love it? Hate it? Couldn't care less? Don't be shy, I don't bite! :-)

TTFN,

Adam

17 comments:

Jenn Greenleaf said...

I'm not a big fan of all the "holy crap, that scared the heck out of me" type movies - even though I did watch them when I was younger (most of the time, not by choice). It's never been my taste, really, but I do like paranormal stuff for some odd reason. The reality TV stuff doesn't scare me, but the paranormal movies do. I don't understand it, either. heh

Adam said...

I watched a few in my teens, but rarely enjoyed them. I've never really seen 'the point'. :)
I find the reality stuff idiotic. 30 minutes of nothing happening, other than people jumping at the sounds of an old house with dubbed on sound effects/creepy music. Bleh.


Adam

Georgie said...

I love Halloween. I love to have the crap scared out of me. I love scary movies, television shows and books. I even helped my brother and his friends one year put on a haunted house (I sat on the floor with a friend and rattled chains while screaming like an idiot). I don't really get into any other holidays, this one is it for me. (But I will warn you not to click on any links that you may find disturbing! :)

Adam said...

Worry not, I'm very careful with links around this time. ;-)

Adam

Dolly said...

I'm not a fan of horror, but it's nothing to do with tolerance. I simply find it unappealing.

Saying that...I love Halloween, because I don't associate that with scary. Fancy costumes, witches etc. = fun!!

I used to watch horror shows as a child (against great parental disapproval). And I don't actually like zombies (but that's because they look gross). So I don't mind scary, but I don't like gore (nothing against blood, or violence, but there is no need for gore)

Adam said...

Samhain yay, Halloween nay. ;)

Gore is another thing. If something can't be made scary without a ton of fake blood, surely you're doing it wrong? ;)

Adam

graceunderpressure said...

don't want scary, don't want gory.. I watch naturalist documentaries and turn my face when the animals start chowing on each other..
Adam, search youtub for brother israel "over the rainbow"

graceunderpressure said...

or youtube..

Adam said...

Yeah, I know that one. S'a good 'un. :-)

I like animal shows, and don't mind the killing in that, since it's nature, but I turn away at the sex. Bleh! :P

Adam

bettielee said...

Luuuuuuv it! :) I wanted to be Stephanie King. :) But I'm not that talented, and I don't like the contemporary setting. I just love Halloween, tho I call it All Hallows Eve in my head, where only the other voices can make fun of me. :)

Adam said...

Pfft. You've got the talent, alright. ;)

Get on it, Steph!

Adam

Me said...

I LOVE Halloween. But I hate being scared. I don't do scary movies of any sort. Nor do I decorate with scary things. I also celebrate Samhain, which YAY NEW YEAR! (might have had a bit of coffee this morning) :)

Adam said...

Hai Me! (I never knew I was schizophrenic.)

Coffee? You? ;-)

We managed to survive it intact, here. Only a few knockers who went unanswered. :P


Adam

misa101 said...

I love a GOOD scare. I hate slasher flicks though as they rely more on startling you and I HATE that feeling.

Adam said...

I'm not built for any kind of scares. They're scary! :P

Adam

June Kramin said...

I hate being scared too. I hate when someone pops in at my window trying to scare me. I never did get the whole 'scary movie' thing & don't watch 'em. I also strongly dislike clowns!! Figure that one out! I like Halloween - but cute costumes. I can't stand the gory stuff. :/
I knew I loved you! You'll never Boo at me!!! :D

Adam said...

Nope, I'm booless! ;-)

I'm all for the dressing up thing, as long as they aren't scary costumes. My geek side loves the cosplay thing. ;)

Adam