Thursday, 7 June 2012

A Lack Of Reading

Hi all! Long time no see!

[Insert the usual 'sorry I've not blogged in a while' rubbish here.]

Last year I read a good number of books. 46, in fact, and some of them were big buggers. This year I've managed five. Uh, whoops?
I'm not quite sure what happened, but for some reason I've been reading much less. It's not that I'm finding myself with less free time, or that I haven't had the books available. I just haven't been reading. It's odd.

A few days ago I was pondering this and decided that I should force myself to read more. So I did. I opened the first in GRR Martin's A Song Of Ice And Fire series and started reading. I'm now working my way through,  and enjoying every moment.

I don't know why I stopped, but I'm glad I started again. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it, for one, and how many ideas I get for my own stuff, for another.

So, that's about it. Quick blog post, hope to write more, yada yada yada. I should probably add some food for thought to the end of this, but I can't think of any. In my defence, it's 7am, and I've been awake since 12pm yesterday. Bit knackered.

TTFN,
Adam

6 comments:

graceunderpressure said...

you're ALIVE! thank goodness, I was getting worried LOL
I too have slacked off reading, but am trying to accommodate too many activities in too few hours. hmph

Adam said...

I am alive! See! I've got a heart beat and EVERYTHING. :D

I've no real excuse for not reading, so I'm now making the effort. Tyrion Lannister is helping through awesomeness. ;)

Adam

June Kramin said...

I have to read something every night. Even if it's just a chapter till I can't keep my eyes open anymore. Sucks - cause I have to re-read it the next day..LOL... but I have to keep up with my peeps & their stuff. I never hear of the books you guys talk about. Someday I'll get into something non-AW & the like :)

Adam said...

I used to be the same, reading every night, and I want to get back to it. Getting there. :)

Adam

Mike Crate said...

Made a firm commitment not to read the Game Of Thrones series but getting through lots of books/stories from dozens of independent authors via e-books.

Adam said...

I like to mix my big names with my indies. Right now it's big time. :P

I'm just glad to be reading again, though. ;)

Adam