Thursday, 3 January 2013

Books Aplenty!

Ey up, peeps!

While I didn't make any real resolutions this year, I am trying to blog more (I couldn't blog less). So here we go.

Somehow, even after Christmas, my bank account still had a positive balance. So, instead of squandering it on food I ordered a bunch of books! Here's what I've got either on my Kindle or winging its way through the mail:

Red Country by Joe Abercrombie - I'm reading this now, and it's AWESOME
The Alloy Of Law by Brandon Sanderson - Loved the other books in this loose series.
Legion by Brandon Sanderson - Hadn't heard of this till earlier tonight. Love his other stuff, so it was a no-brainer.
Charon's Claw by RA Salvatore - Drizzt. Need I say more?
The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien - I've never read it. Thought I should.
Trapped by Kevin Hearne - Every book in this series has rocked. Another no-brainer.

I also received Dear Fatty by Dawn French for Christmas. Ms. French is one of my favourite comedians, and I can't wait to tackle the book. I even broke one of my cardinal rules and started reading this while I was already reading something. This means much, Dawny (I can call her that, we're like 'this' *crosses fingers*).

So I'm good for a few weeks, at least. After that I'm probably stuffed again.

What are you reading at the moment?

TTFN,
Adam

2 comments:

Dolly said...

Yeah "Dawny" told me she was trying to avoid your stalking :-)

Good list - though I have not read many of them. Of course buying books is more important than food! Alas, I have not bought any books this Christmas since we are packing up our house to go to Ecuador. It's torture, I tell you!

Adam said...

Hey, she stalks ME. :P

The Hobbit arrived today, so that's being bumped up the order of reading, I suppose. :P

YAY! Ecuador! They have books, right?

Adam