Thursday, 1 January 2015

New Year, New Start?

(Probably not, but maybe I'll throw out a couple more blog posts before I get distracted and forget for six months again.)

Since it's a new year 'n all, I should post something resolutiony, right? Okay, let's have a go...

*Clears throat.*

  1. More reading!
  2. WAAAAY more writing!
  3. More time with the wife that doesn't involve me staring at a phone and going, "Uh huh, uh huh... Of course I heard you."!
  4. Less general gaming and more quality gaming (that means less wasting hours playing crap but more time playing games that deserve my time, whether that be because of decent plots, awesome game mechanics, or [INSERT THIRD THING]!)
  5. Sensible money management!
  6. Sixth thing!


There, done.

Since finding gainful employment in the summer, I've written very little. At first it was because I was finding it tricky juggling full-time work and wordsmithing. That excuse was only valid for the first couple of weeks. After that it was pure laziness.
Now, though, it's a new year, and that should probably mean something, so I'm going to give my writing (and ideally my blog) some more love. I've been looking hard at my current WiP, which I'm not loving as much these days, and I've been rereading some of my stalled and trunked works, and I hope to have a decision on which to work on in the next couple of days. After that, I will have to work out some sort of writing schedule. Given that my work shifts alternate between days and evenings, and I have no fixed days off, it'll have to be a loose schedule. Perhaps just a daily goal of X words (maybe less on days with longer shifts). I certainly have the time, I just need to apply some mental fortitude and stop being so bloody lazy. ;-)

Welp, that's all for now. In theory I'll be posting again soon. Just don't bet any large sums of money on it.

TTFN,
Adam

No comments: